Wednesday, July 4

Today in a nutshell!

So Jim decided that today we would go camping in our backyard. So spontaneous that man of mine. The kids are ecstatic. They love to tent! So the tent literally takes up a 1/3 of our backyard. It is a 12 man tent, but we use it more for an area for us, the kids and then an area where we can set up a table and play games in case it rains. So we should have fun tonight. Jim is going to build a fire and we are going to do the whole marshmallow thing and all. So maybe I'll take some pics of our fun time, who knows. we'll see. this is how the boys help us set up the tent...

they love to chase each other around and around the partitions.
So since I did have so many deadlines to get done , I ended up scrapbooking at the kitchen table so I could multi task. See how easy I can create a disaster while scrapbooking. So I only have 1 album left to do for someone, hopefully I will finish this week, finish my sister's pages up,then a few for my mom, 3 for my grandma and the album for the people from Ottawa. They don't arrive for 3 weeks so I have some time still. But after that is done, I am not scrapbooking for anybody for the rest of the summer. I am going to purely scrap for my family, catch us all up and enjoy my time with my family. Since Jim is going to be home more, I'd like to spend my extra time with him getting things done around the house, finish all of our "builds",etc. I have all my pictures ready to build our Pergola but I hit a snag 3 weeks ago, so I have to replan it a bit, but maybe we'll start that someday. I need the shade and it will give us some privacy from the neighbors, and block the wind that comes in from the South.
So, I had to run out and do some serious errands, a million things to do today. Jim was home from work all day since an injector blew on the truck, so the boys had a fun time with daddy! But I told Jim to make sure he keeps the boys covered in sunblock all day. So, I guess the boys decided they wanted to put on their own sunblock... (here is another "Daddy lets the kids do whatever they want to see what they will do day!") So needless to say, a 3yr old and a 21 month old aren't quite ready to do it themselves. Jim grabbed the camera while laughing hard I presume, he took about 50 pics of these 2. When I got home tonight, he told me to go and check out my camera. Some serious laughing went on.

Well life is never dull in this house. Tune in for more adventures in Arbor Creek... LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT pictures! The table looks just like mine... a wonderful creative mess! I showed Dale that mine isn't the only one that looks like that and he doesn't figure we are too impressive! Have fun camping tonight.

Julie Cortens said...

This is really funny - what does sun tan lotion taste like?

Anonymous said...

Too cute! always an adventure when mom goes out!
Pam