Thursday, July 19

Awesome Adventure!!!!

Click on this to enlarge to read clearer. But registration begins at 12:30pm Sunday. yes THIS Sunday. I'll write more later, off to a dentist appt right now!!! ***edited*** hi, okay there have been extraordinary sponsors come aboard to help me with my teaching adventure. As this is the very first cruise of its kind, there is so much to learn. Every sponsor has contributed in amazing & unique ways, which makes it an awesome experience. Yesterday's Memories is our local scrapbook store in Saskatoon who is inviting me to bring the cruise experience to local scrapbookers here. They are letting "crop and cruise" become an experience for those who are not coming on the trip. This day is full of fun, goody bags & prizes handpicked by ME, a free doodling & multimedia class is included in the price(a real 12x12 layout will be completed!!!!) make 'n takes, an awesome lunch, snacks throughout the day and when you return from supper you will be treated to an assortment of flavourful cheesecakes. Please bring your scrapbooks to share with others, we all love to admire!!! If you aren't able to come for the day to scrap, still come and shop,mingle, introduce yourself to me, come visit. Everyone who drops by and comes and talks to me will be entered in another draw for a prize. (You don't have to stay to be eligible for the draws or raffles) I really look forward to seeing everyone. IT will be an awesome day surrounded by awesome friends & really our big scrapbook family. There is so many talented scrapbookers in our midst, come and see their work! okay, just a quick comment, my mouth is killing me but I am determined to have an extraordinary supper with my husband since the kids are at the farm.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The poster looks great! Can't wait to Crop & Cruise with you!

Pam said...

what a great idea leica!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to this and I haven't even checked to see if DH is off. If he is, baby and I will be there with bells on.

Tracey

Mrs. Wizzle said...

I don't have any clue how you would outdo the springfling at Just Scrap It! Man, that was such a blast and what fun with all the scrappers and take away goodies. Chocolate fondue, nummy,nummy! Hope you all have a blast and as much fun as I did at my first Sask scrappers convention! Were you there?

I do enjoy your site and the cruise would be such a blast! Scrappers are such fun!

scrappaleica said...

Mrs. Wizzle, we absolutely will not be trying to outdo the JSI event as the concept is totally different(and different is good!), I have been to many of them as well as worked at 3 of them and Deb & Ralna organize an amazing event at which they are very talented! I was glad to hear they had fun at the last event with their chocolate fondue, we know that is a super fun thing to do as Scraptology sold out when we did it last year! This event is completely different as we are promoting a Canadian cruise that is going to start taking place every year. When scrapbook stores come aboard on this adventure, (and every and any store across Canada can) they choose how they want to sponsor through prize donation,sponsoring classes, holding promotional crops, and more (the list is huge!)... The idea is we are creating this huge map of Canada and whoever comes aboard will get their city, store synopsis with directions and all the info about the store provided for those who are traveling.Then people can just click to the website, go onto a province , a city and see what is there and available, hours of operation instead of having to go to the phone book and try to find stores, which we all know is impossible sometimes!Ultimately,then we can create a huge scrapbook family across the nation.(This site is not up yet, as it is still in the development,)So this crop's main idea is to show the atmosphere of what a cruise would be like. Show some of the classes, talk about the sponsors,introduce local celebs and overall have a fun time. And we have so many neat things going on, and the best part is when Canadians support Canadian events. It will be fun to give away the FREE Canadian Scrapbookers subscription, Canadian product and more surprises. I am glad you enjoyed coming to Saskatchewan for an event. I always attend events in Calgary & Edmonton as well and have never been disappointed. It is always fun to travel and meet new friends and experience new things. Thank you for checking out my site. Look forward to hearing from you again!

Anonymous said...

i'll give you a hint though,JSI's event is way too crowded with no room even though it is fun.

Mrs. Wizzle said...

That will be a cool site when it gets going! I travel from east to west and would love a listing like that. Hopefully it spreads all the way across Canada. I am pro Canadian!


About the space at JSI. I thought I was in hog heaven as I have been to classes etc in Calgary that have had 12 people at 4 tables squished in a small room. Yech! I have also found that my scrapbooking stuff will expand to take up the available space. It simply amazes me!!!

I will keep an eye on your blog for further information on that site.

Have fun with all your new stuff and endeavours!

Anonymous said...

I agree that the space is too tight, just no room for those massive bags that we all have.tee hee. maybe if we downsized it would be better.
...who am I kidding???

scrappaleica said...

Mrs. Wizzle you are scaring me now, I am thinking of going to a crop in Calgary for this cruise in August, and I was hoping that maybe their venues would be bigger since they are renting a location. Fingers crossed. I do agree that JSI's is really cramped but it is my own fault as I do take ALOT of stuff with me. However, I have learned that to be the most productive preplan my pages and then I don't have to worry about wanting to try all my new stuff at once. When a huge group of us went to Yesterday's Memories a little while ago (and Melina won a really awesome bag, that I so would love!!!) I totally made my kits and stuck by them and I finished I think it was 12 layouts in one day! And I still chatted nonstop. So look it took me almost 8 years to learn!