Saturday, July 7

smores & layouts, fun!

So Jim lit up only 4 of our tiki lights. We used to have them around our entire yard, but when you lit them all they smelled like a truck stop (diesel burning smell) It used to look so cool like when I was in Fiji and all the pathways were lit up like that. Fond memories... But he brought out a few for ambiance. the boys thought they were so cool. Does Riley look cold or what? Yes it is 10 pm and he just got out of the pool. Crazy hot day, but then started cooling off fast!

since it was so hot, I ran to Mac's and got the boys both little slurpies as a treat! needed to cool them off. too bad pic is blurry of Jg, but is still fun!
our fire was so much fun! we love sitting around the fire. Jim even put in some of those cool colour changers that my mom got the boys, so they loved it.
Then of course what campfire would be awesome without smores???
I love Riley's smile!
It was so funny watching Jager eat his smores. Riley got too full and couldn't finish it so of course Jager wanted it too! We literally all had to spray off with the garden hose because we were all sticky, even me! But I had to keep helping the boys and had a few marshmallow casualties. Worth every minute.

So we slept in the tent last night, was awesome until... it started lightning & thundering. which would have been fine, but Jager starts screaming when he is scared. so we didn't want to freak our neighbors out so as preventitive measure, Jim & I carried the boys upstairs to bed. Then massive wind blew, and in the middle of the night Jim heard cracks, looked out our window, 2 poles of our tent had snapped. So sad! so in the morning we went out to see the tent flooded, lot's of clean up needed. ei yi yi. and I didn't even get a pic! so now I am going to have to see if I can just order some new poles. Because us campers CANNOT live without our tent!

So I did a few layouts yesterday, I was excited to finally get to use some of the Basic Grey paper that I got for a huge deal at yesterday's Memories (15 % off for members, 10% off for non members). So I made a few layouts with it and had fun. I was so excited to scrap this page of Jager running. IT is so characteristic of him. So happy spirited this little guy! And before you ask, along the left hand side of the page is not a rub on, it is in fact a transparency that I cut up and glued there. (my mind's eye-tres jolie line)
It is a tradition for us, EVERY TIME we go to Edmonton we go to Chuck E, CHeese, the heaven on earth place for kids (aka:drive parents absolutely nuts place on earth) The kids have so much fun here, Jager has even figured out how to put the tokens in to make the rides work. too funny. Jenn & Darryl have taken the boys here more than I have so they associate it as something they do with them. Which is good. but they have this little sketch machine, and we always get our pic taken. It is fun!
I love this picture of my gramma and Jager. (his great gramma!) She just loves our kids to death and it shows. This was an amazing moment I captured on Mother's/Grandmother's Day this year. I definitely wanted to keep it warm & cozy so I was excited to use the New Basic Grey "Infuse" line. I knew that the pink would make it more feminine but I think that gramma's pages should be more feminine/girly! funny thought. you can't tell but I raised some of the die cut flowers and glossy accented them. all my own doodles.
So I had these little 2x3 photos and I really wanted to make a page with them. Unfortunately they are not big enough to capture the page so my usual style was too overwhelming for these cute pics. So I decided that obviously a less is more layout would suit it better. So I knew I wanted to use arrows because I really wanted the movement effect. I tried to use a subtler title so it would blend into the background while still being able to be seen. Ultimately I think I created my goal. Hindsight, I might've used an even softer background paper, who knows though since I did need the contrast to pull it off. I love how jager gets his little arms going and tongue out. Too funny!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Great new layouts!
I can't wait to get some new basic grey paper!!!!
Looks like the boys love the fire and the smores! what a great treat!