Friday, July 6

in response to Kelly's comment...

and yes, I live for my kids. They change and grow up so fast that why would I want to miss that. When we decided that I would stay home with them till they went to school, then the most important thing to me was that we were educating them with proper morals, habits and helping them learn everything that will take them farther in life. I absolutely do still have up and down days, but they are few and far between, because I can't stand arguing & yelling. I think it truly is a waste of my time and energy. So I try to always deal with things rationally, since Jim is the same way, it definitely shows in our kids.I don't think that they have ever heard us raise our voices. I really love all the little moments the best, but I do try to make sure that we have some sort of fun EVERYDAY! When I am long and gone I don't want my kids to only think that mom and dad were just workaholics, they never were there for us,blah, blah ,blah... Instead I'd like them to say that their childhoods were the happiest time in their lives, that we were always there for them, that we taught them the coolest things. you get the concept. This is just something I truly believe in! I really think that if parents watched less TV & on the computer and showed the kids that they really love each other , and that they would rather have family time playing games and going to the park, movies, walks, picnics, stories at bedtime, prayers, singing, sports, whatever. just as long as it is together, than I think we'd have less kids that are drinking early & out of control, less drug use, gang problems, girls wearing obscene amount of makeup for all the wrong reasons too! the less we are in their lives, the more problems they face, Okay now I'll be quiet. have a great day Kelly. I can tell when I read your blog that you are on the same page. There is always so much love shown in your pics & journaling. Great job! I do think that religion plays a large part in morals, but I do have some awesome friends that are not religious that still are raising their children phenomenally & morally. So I do not judge, I just encourage and support. So I do believe that eveyone out there can reach the same goal of healthier, happier kids & family. It just takes work & effort! I felt that I had to put this as my topic today since it is important. I'm not usually a rant & raver, I just believe in family. Have a great day everyone else too, maybe today is the day to add just 15 min. into your crazy day to talk to your kids. Even if it is just at meal time. Good luck, remember nothing good comes easy, it will take work!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen, sister!

Saucy said...

Hear! HEAR! Some of my friends have no time for their kids. We also don't run around like chickens with our heads cut off with our kids in activities every single night... it drastically cuts into family time. I thing organized activity is great, don't get me wrong, but it can be TOO MUCH. Now you've got me on my soap box. My kids are 17 and 12, and every single day I try to find a few minutes to do something constructive with them, to talk with them or just go for a walk and a drive. I know way more about my kids' lives than their friends parents do - for sure!

I chose to live for my kids 17 years ago and haven't regretted it one bit!

Angie said...

You and I have A LOT in common. I feel pretty much the same as you do in yoru post. I could talk about it for hours too. We should arrange a play date. I am sure our kids would get along great.

Angie said...

OH...p.s. did you get your T-ball pictures yet? I haven't got mine yet.

Julie Cortens said...

This is a subject I am passionate about! There is nothing more valuable in this world than your family - invest all you have in them. They are a gift from the Lord on loan to you for a very short time - shorter than you think! What you invest in your children now will be reflected in what they invest in your grandchildren - whether you are here to see it or not. What you do today will in some part be there in your great grandchildren. YOU are important! This is a huge calling. This calling requires sacrifice and selflessness.
Part of that investment is to love, honor and respect your husband - believe me I know none of them are perfect and neither are we - but it is not about perfection, it is about unconditional love and that takes more sacrifice and sometimes perserverance...which is where my faith plays such a major role. If the Lord Jesus was willing to die AND take on Himself ALL my sins then who am I to ever say "it's not fair". When you understand His sacrifice, life becomes a joy. He has set this work of giving to your children and your husbamd before you and it is a joyful and wonderful calling. Enjoy motherhood ladies, enjoy the moments - they are so worth the investment.

Kelly said...

I must say Lecia, I loved what you wrote about today. What a blessing. And Julie, you are so right. I often hear myself saying "it's not fair" and I seem to lose the perspective I need on a daily basis.
Darren and I do try to do fun things with the girls - some days we fail miserably but I am so a go with the flow type of parent, not into routine and rigid schedules (especially in the summer) and we enjoy eachother so much. I think now is such an opportunity to build these kids up and teach them what they need to know about Jesus and how to live a life that will please Him and honour Him. Perspective Julie, we need to teach our kids perspective. I need to learn and re-learn that daily. Thanks girls - you are such a blessing to me, every day. Now I will go and spend some more time with my lovies.