Tuesday, July 31

Hello!

Hi Everyone! Sorry I have been a bad scrapbook blogger! It is so hard to get everything done in a day. Summer always fills my days with so many committments & choice adventures! I have to say though that I have been very accomplished in getting an amazing amount of pages done... but as I told Pam tonight, most of them were for other people. I have officially finished my last custom order book of this season. My sister's wedding book is done, Hunter's baby pics are done. So I am going to dedicate more time to Riley & Jager's album & my mom's grandparent album. She always spoils the kids with the most unique scrapbook items and Lord knows I have a heap of pics to scrapbook! I have done a few smashing layouts of the boys but I think I'll wait awhile to reveal them. I actually outdid myself on a few so I think I'll try to enter them. It's funny, because I am always my harshest judge, just because sometimes I am more focused on detail. Even though I love doing collage work, it does require way more thought effort than my old style. So it is a big thing for me to be really proud of my layouts! But it's a new thing I'm trying. I'm going for more efficiency to get caught up and select only a few photos to be my dramatic pages. I have to say though that I think I'm liking my pages more because I'm getting more understanding of how to take better pics. Unfortunately know matter how cool it would be ...Melina just cannot come to every family function, event, everything...although we definitely consider her a part of our family. So I have been trying harder to actually practise! I feel like I am in music lessons again!Practise,practise,practise!

  • So on another note, I have something to reveal tomorrow, it has truly floored me how wonderful everyone in Saskatoon is. It is really amazing to know that I have the support & FRIENDSHIP of a lot of Saskatoon scrapbookers. I have 2 fun things to share so I'm off to do a little prep work and I'll see YOU tomorrow!

4 comments:

Saucy said...

One of the reasons I am so geeked about the upcoming Elsie class - I can't wait to get some layout tips from you! Photos are my thing, and sometimes I struggle with how to lay them into a page because they're strong enough to go without too much embellishment (brag, brag) but seriously, imagine what we could do together!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to whatever your announcement will be. After the scrap for Trina in the spring, I know what the scrapbookers in Saskatoon are like and I miss everyone. I've made great friends here, but the scrapbookers are elusive.

Tracey B

scrappaleica said...

Saucy, I have been admiring your photos, they are wonderful! You are such an accomplished & talented lady! I really am honoured to have met you in University!

scrappaleica said...

Tracey my dear, has little one arrived yet??? I am patiently waiting. I agree that scrapbookers are wonderful in Saskatoon. I have been so lucky to have met amazing people and I am so glad that we all still have fun scrapbooking.