Tuesday, June 12

Doodling #3:Multimedia Class Tonight

Here was the example for my multimedia class tonight. We did quite a few techniques. (embossing, hand doodling, sparkles, stamping, pencil crayons,creating our own lace look) Still simple layouts and you could elaborate as you desired (more or less depending on your style right? If you want to see a few of the other's from the class check out Scraptology's site. Everyone's was different. That is the perk about our classes, we give you an example and teaching and then we want you to make it your own. It is so much fun watching everyone's pages come alive. I especially love the doodling classes because people get to see their own designs take shape. This doodling #3 (multimedia) doesn't have a huge focus on hand doodling, it incoporates commercial doodling products and what ways you can alter things to be unique. Remember sometimes too much doodling is too much! and their are some companies that have perfected this technique for us to learn from or use. So if you don't feel comfortable with your own hand style then try out some from Rhonna Farrer, Fancy Pants to name a couple.

here is the demo I did in class. When I figure out what I'll use it for then I'll complete the page. I came home and picked out some wicked ribbon that matches wonderfully! This layout I wanted to keep strong, therefore the minimalness.
Tonight's multimedia class was so much fun!

7 comments:

scrappaleica said...

sorry I didn't crop them down well. In too much of a hurry. but you get the idea.

Dawn Hueser said...

Awesome layouts Leica! I love your doodling so much!

Pam said...

wow these are great!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love all the ones on the scraptology website too. the ladies doid an amazing job!

Ralna Nordstrom said...

Oh Leica these pages are amazing. great job! Watch for the lift :)

jem said...

How did you create the petals for the flowers? Are they a collection of doodles and stamps? Nice lo, I love the color combinations on both lo's.

scrappaleica said...

Melina, the petals are just a stamp from Technique Tuesday that I stamped on cardstock. Also Stampin Up has petal stamps too that I am trying to get a hold of. The other flowers are just opalescent embossing powder on black. then I cut them out and raised with pop dots. little tedious but the end result was fab!

scrappaleica said...

oh and Melina, lately alot of my work had been this strong black, white & colour. I even influenced Phillane to add red to a great blk /white layout she had. I think it is fun!!!