Tuesday, June 19

need a giggle??...

So as I am on this mission to purge & clean out my scrapbook room again. I am getting rid of ALL my magazines. Donating anything I don't use to charity and making it so I can fully function & work in this room. Now that Jim is home all the time, I won't need to drag my stuff upstairs so I can scrap & hear the boys at night. So I am halfway to the road to scrap with enjoyment. In my own space, that doesn't have to be cleared to eat supper. For those that know me, I scrap anywhere & everywhere. I have "lap" boards to work on for when Jim wants to watch a movie. (I am not able to just watch movies I have to do something.) So Jim bought me this special light that focuses only on your spot so the rest of the room can stay dark. I love it! and he loves it. yes he still quizzes me as to if I actually watch any of the movie. YES! Then I scrap at the kitchen table. And if the boys are waking up lot's in the night or I'm blogging & scrapping at the same time then I am on the 2nd floor scrapbooking at Jim's desk, which I so know my sweetums loves...right? (NOT!) But the built in desk we made for the office is 8ft long and wraps into an L shape with another 6 feet. It is desirable.When Jim asks why I scrap here, I have to tell him it's where my large format printer is, so I get away with the clutter in this space sometimes. (I think he just puts up with it because he loves me!!!!) So I am on a mission, I know I say it everytime, I will only scrap in my designated room, and I never do. So this time I am not going to make such a foolish , unable to keep comment. Instead I will say, I am going to try and scrap only in my room, and when Jim wants me to watch movies with him, then I will bring out a small package of supplies to work with. same goes for upstairs. This maybe is more reasonable.

  • okay so since I am drastically gutting my room, I have come across so many things I forgot about. I have always had this bad habit of if I like a layout they go right into the album, but if I don't care for it or it needs work or something's missing they sit in boxes or piles until I find that perfect "thing". So I came across these 3 layouts in my needs work bins. I laughed pretty hard about this one. I myself cannot actually believe I cut around us on a photo. I just don't ever do this. So I am thinking that I must have thought it was a good idea, I don't think (could be wrong) I did anymore though. Jim & I laughed pretty hard at this though. Even though I did it 7 years ago, look at the technique & form (tee hee, are you gagging yet???) I am having a blast coming across these oldies! shows where you were in this time of life hey?
Here's a simple one, but I know I could have done more with it. Maybe something more my style. I love this picture though. I rarely take photos when we go to Vegas, I guess I've been there too many times, and I always figure I don't want to be lugging a camera around. Silly girl! Next time I am so doing a full day of photos with all my favourite things to do there.
I did this layout in 2000, I had taken a paper piecing class. It was fun, interesting, still not my idea of fun ! So when I came home from my class I decided to do my own paper piecing. Even though it is 7 years ago that I did this, I remember making this darn palm tree! Every part of the tree is a new piece built onto the other pieces, wrapped with sparkly fibre . I coloured & inked the tree trunk. The "palms" were coloured, embossed, crumpled. ei yi yi. I sewed the fibre around the base too! So, end result, I think a little tacky. still not happy with this layout, but I will always remember the good times (at Figi & making this LO)
2000, I was a maid of honor in this wedding. It was fun! I scrapbooked it and entered it at a convention in Yorkton. I won 1st place for innovativeness. Imagine doing this layout 7 years ago. I'm actually smitten with myself! I was doing doodling, wire work, beading and tearing! If you look closely I actually "inked" the edge. I was way before the times! I actually don't mind this layout. I think my makeup was way too dark but hey, whatever!
Oh, so I didn't take any pics at Lani's surprise 30th but it was a blast. It was a chance to see people that I haven't seen in years and well we all know how to have fun when together. I was even accused of starting a cult. a scrapbook cult, since almost most of my friends are doing this now, taking my classes, their husbands have decided that I am to blame for scrapbook supplies everywhere. Oops! I did have to point out to Chris that Marlys was the queen of scrapbooking, she just hadn't done it in acid free. I merely helped to convert her! Too funny. I was explaining to them how they should all come on the cruise and then the guys could have a great time together as would us girls have a blast doing what we love! Maybe I might have takers...
too funny. Anyways, June is almost done, I'm ready for summer, boating, camping, traveling & just relaxing! I've decided after I've completed these 5 albums for hire, that I'm not even going to take any scrapbook clients for the entire summer. I'm going to enjoy my husband being home, become the total Martha Stewart mom (cooking & making my house immaculately clean) & enjoy my kids! Looking forward to this time!

7 comments:

Pam said...

too cute leica! you were way before your time in the scapbook world! always the first to try new things!

Kate said...

Leica you are hilarious! I'm SO happy to be reading your blog again! Computer is FINALLY up and running. Just a thought I'd love to throw out to you...I am starting a scrapbooking club in the fall way up here :0) and won't be getting a whole lot of financial help from the school...it'll be all my own stuff. If you are willing, e-mail me about a possible donation of old supplies? Or have you decided on a charity? Let me know!

scrappaleica said...

kate, you just missed a load of supplies. I always donate to children, hospitals, charities etc. if you give me more time I am still cleaning and the next batch can be yours!!! Email me what you are specifically hoping to get and I'll see how I can help out!

Kelly said...

Lecia, I love cleaning my scrap area - I find aupplies I never remembered I had - too fun! And those older layouts aren't that bad - I like them!

Dawn Hueser said...

Leica

You are too funny - but I can relate as of this very moment my kitchen table is covered, I have small table in my room in case I wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep. And I have a doodling layout on the coffee table for when I am watching TV- LOL

Julie Cortens said...

Great layouts for back in 2000 - I hadn't even heard of scrapbooking back then! We've come a long way!

jem said...

love the old school lo's