Tuesday, June 26

Teacher's gifts!

So I made both of Riley's teachers mini clipboard albums. They are about 14 pages each I think. I used all school type paper to keep the consistent theme. Then I added "Leica" funkiness! I loved using the different dimensions within these 2 books. I'd love to show you every page of each album but unfortunately I do not have permission to expose everyone's kids. sorry. but here are a couple pages! Enjoy. Miss Sherrie's album: Miss Ada's album

In each opening cover Jim & I wrote a little note to each teacher thanking her for what qualities she has helped develop in Riley.
I used almost all index prints of 2x2 or 3x4 in size so that I could show a whole bunch of different activities that took place since Riley started. It was great because I could include lot's of pics and less journaling. (since I'm not always there to know what to write!) sorry, covering some kids faces!
I thought it would be cute to interview Riley about his teachers. See what a 3 year old's opinion is. I am going to do this interview again for Riley's album but since doing this one I have learned to ask maybe more specific questions!
I think that his teacher's will love these little gifts with their chocolates too. Fun little stuff for important people. Remember, spoil those teachers, they are the ones predominantly raising our kids to be who they are, so wouldn't we rather have happy, and ambitious teacher's???
The boys are sleeping right now, and I am totally working on a crazy collage that is forcing me out of my comfort zone. I am trying to combine colours & patterns that people most likely will never put together and see if I can make them work. Hopefully I'll finish it before the boys wake up and then maybe I can post them tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful gifts for a couple of very lucky teachers!

Kelly said...

Hey Lecia, what a great idea for those teachers - that is awesome ... You are so right about making teachers feel appreciated and special.

Dawn Hueser said...

You did a splendid job of those teachers gifts. Those are the sort that will be kept for years because it is a tangible reminder of how they have a positive influence on their students.

Saucy said...

Those are great little books. Sidney and I make one for her at the end of each school year... last year it was the old paper bag version. Might try something new this summer!

Pam said...

oh my god!!!
these gift are amazing!!
as a person who works with kids and gets lots of gifts from parents...these rock! i would so love to get one!