Saturday, June 9

just another day...

so is anyone ever looking for cool things to do with their kids? Last night we took the boys to see Shrek 3 at the drive-ins. It was awesome. We love going to the drive ins as a family. the boys love it too. we make all our own drinks and popcorn and take our pillows & blankets. we have to make sure the boys have a late nap in the afternoon so that they aren't grumpy and can see their whole show. The 2nd show is usually an adult one and its great because the boys always fall asleep after their show. It's something to think about. For 2 adults, 2 kids it only costs $22.00. a lot cheaper than the movie theater AND who cares if your kids make noise, they are only going to drive you nuts because you are in your own vehicle!

  • so the boys had an incredibly long nap today (thanks to the late night last night) so I got some serious scrapbooking done! awesome. I even have quite a few pages done now, I just have to go and print the photos. Those are my favourite! I knew which paper I wanted to work with, went on the computer and looked up which pics would match it, preplanned what sizes I would do for each pic and now I just have to place the pics on! Sweet! Jim and my brother had to haul some machinery that Shane bought so now with both boys asleep, and Jim won't be back till after midnight, I am so going to continue the roll I'm on. Scrapbook away!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved taking the kids to the drive-in. Unfortuneately, I haven't noticed one here yet

Tracey B

Dawn Hueser said...

Sounds like you had a great time. So where did you go for the Drive in?

Angie said...

I can't wait to see more pages...I loved the last bunch that you posted! They are very inspirational.

scrappaleica said...

Dawn, we have a drive in off of Hwy 5 just before the Manhattan. It's about 2 minutes out of town. They have 2 screens and play every night I do believe. On long weekends they have dusk till dawn where they play either 3 or 4 movies, I can't remember. we don't go to those ones anymore, just the regular performances.

scrappaleica said...

thanks Angie! missed you at tball, next week!

scrappaleica said...

tracey, I don't think M.J. has a drive in sorry!

Angie said...

I won't be at t-ball on the 14th...We are hosting a steak night fundraiser for Ricks Dad that night. Maybe at pictures, or the week after that though.

scrappaleica said...

Angie, have they rescheduled tball pics? and to when if you know?