Friday, June 8

Layouts, layouts, layouts! I know a long time coming!

So here are a few of my latest layouts that I can show you. I did submit a few of these to mags but haven't heard back yet. The other ones you'll have to wait till the issues come out. I had so much fun making this one. It is totally a mommy sucky page. My little boo is such a momma's boy. and so I decided to do a page about this. It has hidden journaling and is a really fun page.

So baby Hunter is so sweet!!!I love him! again, I left room for Jenn & Darryl to write their notes to him. so I can't wait to see what they write.
I hope this doesn't offend anyone, I actually think that being pregnant is the most miraculous time in your life. I don't see shame in showing such an amazing way that our bodies change to grow these little beings. My sister carried her pregnancy so well. hello, so envious!!!! having 3 pregnanices in 3 years, my body is stretching in weird ways that I'm not quite bouncing back yet! I love these pics of her!
*****edited***** It has become apparent that .some would like to scraplift this design. GO AHEAD! but let me save you 5 hours of work....this pink paper comes with the scalloped edges, the background doodling, the white edged doodling, all I added was the dark doodling. I didn't even do much doodling because I didn't want to overwhelm the magnificent photo or the subtle background. a simliar paper comes in blue & beige! I just inked the edges, add black dots and glossy accents. And in fact one of these on the top left is a Fancy pants stamp. Everyone knows, I like to doodle and have spent many hours, and hours on doolding, but realistically I have 2 young children so I DO take advantage of fantastic papers companies make. (then I CAN get more pages done in the same amount of time!!!) have fun!!!******
I have really loved pairing masculine stuff with a burst of feminine touches. I think you can get away with it when there is a woman on the photos. strong male colours and then soft touches like flowers & "bling". of course my hand doodling. which I love to do!!!!
So now that I've completed Jenn & Darryl's wedding album I am working on their pregnancy & first family shoots. I am LOVING being an auntie!!!! And I sooooo love to work with fantastic Melina photos!!!!! Isn't it cool how modern the baby paper is getting?
Because Melina & I had so many photo shoots this year, which has been very odd for me. I'm always behind the camera, but moments have presented themselves so we had fun. But it has totally allowed me to make a really cool "she" album. I have made quite a few specific topics for this album.It will be neat to see how I've chnged in 10-15 years. Maybe I'll do my "she- the next generation" then!LOL
I'm actually laughing with my amigos over the fact that I have been using an unbelievable amount of flowers and I have only men in my family!!!!
Here is one of the layouts I scrapped of Jager playing football. I like it but I think it is missing something. not sure what. any suggestions??
I think I did over 60 plus pages for her wedding. I wrote some journaling on it but I mostly lefther spots on all the pages to write their thoughts and feelings and etc. I think that is something they will have to do since it was their special day. My sister and I have way different tastes. She really likes things a little more plain and I LOVE collage. So I toned down her pages, I tried to make them so that they won't be dated through the times too much either. This one of dad walking Jenn up the aisle is all my own hand doodling. I had so much fun with this page. I really like the crispness of the white page too.
this was an overlay I made but it didn't quite "pop" on this background, so I painted just behind the words. It is showing up quite beige but it is actually more off white.
If you have never gone to the Muttart Conservatory I highly recommend it. It is really beautiful. They have four different pyramids ahowcasing different climates of plants from all over the world. It is magnificent. I have actually never been to as cool of an intimate wedding.
the trail of dots is Martha Stewart's glitter line. it is such fine glitter, so I had fun using it.
I love the church photos the best, such awesome architecture!
the white is a pentouch marker (yesterdays' memories got a whole bunch in) this is one of the best opaque markers and it writes on photos amazingly well!love this pen! I went over the doodling with glossy accents after to make it pop!
I don't know if you can tell but I altered all the rub ons to change the white into more of a complimenting colour that was in the wedding colours.truthfully one of the most expensive pages I've ever made. (because I used unbelievable amount of rub ons to complete the look. love the result though. and I'd never spare an expensive for my sister!

Enjoy! thanks for looking! Have a great weekend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the layouts. Photographing and Scrapbooking weddings is one of my favourites. I love capturing the romance / the unusual / and then swirling it onto a page. I'm envious of your freehand scrollies, so need to jump in and give some of that a try. Loved it when I saw it at Camp Croppin in 2006 ... you've reminded me how gorgeous it is. In the layout titled Laughing, are all of those rub-ons ? in different colors ? where did you pick them up ? Thelma.

scrappaleica said...

HI Thelma! Glad to hear from you, I loved checking your blog out!!! Anyways, the rub ons are from Autumn Leaves, part of the Rhonna Farrer I think French Collection (her latest line anyways) They come in a very long sheet and have other titles like shopping and ... oops can't remember at the moment. They are very beautiful. I've had fun using them. The photography from those wedding pics was done by Melina Perron (a local great photographer) and thanks for the compliments on my doodling! Try it and have fun!!!!

Pam said...

Hey Leica
I was so glad to see some of your pages! I have been missing them! I love the fmaily photo shoots and pics of hunter. That is some great paper that you used on them! did you pick it up in edmonton? I have a boy album to do for a girlfriend and i just love that paper!!

scrappaleica said...

Hey Pam,
We have been so busy lately hey? I've been missing you and sharing our pages. It's so much more fun seeing them IRL! Anyways, all of the boy patterned paper I got at Yesterday's Memories. she has really been getting some great stuff in, and it suits my little ones and baby HUNTER well!

Dawn Hueser said...

Okay I am thrilled to see some of your gorgous pages. So much so that I was inspired to scraplift Motherhood - but the joke is on me.

You will have to check out my blog tomorrow (June 12 to read the whole embarassing and yet hilarious story and see my version of your layout - still can't believe that I was so out of touch)FYI I will be copying the pic of your layout for the story.

jem said...

Beautiful wedding layouts, I know who I will get to do my wedding album someday.

Kelly said...

Amazing layouts Lecia, I love them all - you are so talented and your layouts rock! I love the doodling. You make it look like a stamp.

Anonymous said...

Melina's wedding photos of Jennifer and Darryl were all so amazing. She captured every single thought, laughter, and love - it is just like watching a video when we look at her photos. We didn't know how you were possibly going to do them justice. (Especially when Jennifer likes minimalist pages) But your wedding layouts are absolutely awesome,and Jenn and Darryl are going to love them. I'll have to get you to photograph some of them for our album, as my scrapbooking is just in its early stages. Mom