Wednesday, June 13

field trip day to Wanuskewin! Awesome!!!

so when a day is going the way it is, what more should happen??? did you guess right??? a flat tire! sweet. my husband is absolutely ill with food poisoning, so I have to call my bro & mom to come and rescue us because we are on an extremely busy highway section, definitely not walking with the kids. So mom came and ran us to school to catch the bus for our field trip. When we returned to school the truck was there waiting for us. So that was awesome. I think Joe (jim's brother) and cousin came to fix the truck. haven't heard the whole story yet, but a big thank you to all the parties who helped us today!!!!!

what a gorgeous day for a field trip!!!!! Wanuskewin had so many events going on it was a blast! This is what greats you!
This was the what the inside of the hole that the archeaologists were digging. These are actual bones they are finding, not ones just placed there. These are students working on this site dig from the U of S. They gave us a brief talk about what they were finding, the buffalo jump that used to be here, and bones that they've traced to 5500 years ago. Cool hey?
riley and a caterpillar on him. The kids just love caterpillars!
I kind of cropped this guy so you can't see any of the kids faces (as I don't know them or have permission to show them either) He was an amazing dancer. On the last dance he pulled kids from the crowd to dance the round dance with him. He chose Riley and he loved it. Riley was trying to sing like him all the way home!
This is a really neat cultural place to take your kids. we had fun at it. If you are interested in seeing pow wows at all they are having some big performances coming up. I've always thought they were great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leica,
I was glad to help this morning (coincidence I was in town when needed) The tire looks better now than when I picked you and the boys up. Love your pictures from the field trip. Just a suggestion - you might want to let people know Jim got food poisoning from a restaraunt - not from your cooking. (or you might not get too many dinner guests!)
I picked up Jennifer and Darryl's wedding album from your house today, to take to them tomorrow. It is absolutely phenomenal!!!! They are going to be so happy with how you showcased their wedding pictures.
mom

Dawn Hueser said...

Awesome photographs - sounds like I should make another trip out there soon and capture the sights and sounds.

I can hardly wait to see how you scrap the dance photos.