Monday, August 13

Interview #1- Jill Hildebrand

Okay, so if Blogger is being stubborn I can always trust the slide!!!! Here is

  • Jill Hildebrand.
  • She is from Manitoba and currently is on the design team for Smalltown Scrappers. Which has many stores in Manitoba and online shopping. Talk about one stop service. Anyways, I met this awesome scrapbooker and her friend Bronwen (who owns Smalltown Scrappers) while waiting in line for Camp Croppin last year. These Manitoba ladies knew how to have a good time, we enjoyed each other's company. Now I have the awesome privilege to teach with Jill on the Cruise. This accomplished lady is also going to be teaching at the BC expo. Talent,talent!
So I asked everyone the same questions, here's Jill's response:
  • Name: Jill Hildebrand
  • married status: Married to my incredibly sweet & funny husband, Ron for 12 years .... yes, married young!!!
  • kids: Yes!!!!! Oh sorry......Daria (9 - going on 19 most days, very gifted in swimming); Carter (6 - incredibly bright & loves animals and basketball); Asha (3 - a.k.a. "the reason we quit after three" -- lots of energy & attitude).
  • profession: #1 - Stay-at-Home Mom; #2 - Need-to-stay-at-Home-More Wife; #3 - Substitute Teacher; #4 - Scrapbooking Instructor & DT Member for Smalltown Scrappers
  • favourite food: Will forever be Spaghetti & Meatballs
  • favourite drink: a nice, cold glass of MILK
  • music genre: I listen to mostly Country Music with a little bit of Rock Oldies thrown in at times -- love the good 'ol 80's stuff).
  • dream place to visit: Of course, Paris, France!!!! Ron promises to take me sometime....right??!?
  • favourite scrapbook medium(s) to work with: Right now I'm on 12x12 and my most frequently used tools & embellishments would be circle punches, paint, my acrylic stamps & ink, my sewing machine, journalling spots, bling & my own handwriting!!!! In short: LOVE IT ALL!!!!!
  • favourite book: My most favourite book I've read up 'til now is by John Saul entitled "Shadows". Oh yeah......and I love reading about LIFE in all of Ali Edwards' books!!!! Great inspirational reading.
  • random fact about yourself: Hmmmmm....something you may not know about me (and maybe wished you never did)......okay.......I'm one of those wives that has Sportsdesk or TSN on the T.V. all the time; not because that's what my husband wants to watch and I go along with it, but because I love watching sports and sports highlights on T.V. as well. I love NBA basketball and have gone with my husband to see several teams throughout the league play.
  • pet peeves: Okay, I know this will be strange, but.........Left open closet & cupboard doors. Keep 'em shut!!!
  • Okay, so now check out this slide to see a sample of her work. You'll have to come on the cruise to see it in real life... but if you do want to see more, then just click here.

Feel free to leave any comments or questions for JIll here. Thanks for droppping by guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Leica! I'm Jill's sister, Lisa. Ever since the annoucement about the cruise I have been checking in on your blog - and to my surprise, saw my awesome sister featured there. Thanks for "showing her off". She is such a talented and special Lady (and quite humble). I am so excited about this experience (the cruise) and the opportunities it will lead to. Thanks again.

scrappaleica said...

Lisa, great name by the way...tee hee! Anyways, I happen to think Jill IS outstanding and I am enjoying getting to know her more, and definitely look forward to teaching with her on the cruise. Thanks for checking out my blog!