Friday, August 10

My reveal!!! Layouts, SUPER LONG POST!!!

Okay, so let's start off the day with my best news of all. I have been put on Luxe Design's permanent designer's list. So cool. So what does that mean??? Every month I will get a package of goodies from them, ALL their new product when revealed, etc. So jumping for joy right now. But every month I have to do so many layouts for them, design classes, pitch ideas, and blog EVERY layout I do with their product. I am not actually part of their official design team, I am on a different type of list, but maybe someday I'll be there. As for now I am going to love being a part of this list! So this will be a fun job!!! Also, I am now teaching a class on the cruise that is solely LUXE Designs products, using awesome stuff they are sponsoring me with!!! So I am pretty pumped. And guess what, the news doesn't stop there. If you are coming to my Cruisin Away Crops in Sept & Oct (at Yesterday's Memories). you are in for a treat because the goody bags and prizes are now going to have LUXE! LUXE! LUXE! If you haven't seen Luxe Designs products you must go here.They rock! I came to know them because I met one of the most awesome scrapbookers in the world Emily Adams (who now works at Luxe Designs)at Camp Croppin in Calgary. She really had a huge influence on my thoughts of what I want to do with scrapbooking. I am glad that we have reconnected. Here's a sample of some of their product! All the patterned paper is double sided. Ribbon to match, die cuts to match, transparencies, rub ons & jotters. So much amazing product!!!! Check them out!

So Riley passed today! He is now going to be a salamander. We are so proud!!! He is really getting to be such a good little swimmer.
So this is my household EVERYDAY!!!!! Both our boys are climbers, and they have been able to crawl onto everything before they could walk. Now they just seem to keep outdoing each other. It drives me nuts. I truly feel like I am raising my brothers. I remember being young watching my brothers climb trees and we used to go onto our house roof, the barn's roof, then the boys used to jump from the top of bins to the next bin, we always played bail tag, which was the best! So I was glad that I had my camera yesterday. Because I usually am at the bottom of the stairs yelling at them to get down. But at least Jim is right beside me in case.
Okay, does this kid look like a trouble maker or what?
Here is a close up of the next layout to show how I put ghost letters ON the photo. It is just a subtle word...FUN!
I had so much fun doing this layout. I LOVE collage, monotone, you can have so much fun with it!So many mediums can be used!
so I just took this photo off my photo wall, so time to scrap!Cosmo Cricket paper & chipboard monogram, Fancy Pants stamps. I LOVE this photo. It tells such a story! Jager is screaming, Riley is squinting. It is setting such a funny scene. I am actually happy that it wasn't the "perfect"Santa pose. This one has so many more memories!
This layout is using Cosmo Cricket paper. And of course circles & stars are so my favourite so I had fun using those. Added just a little diamond glaze to the title to add dimension. The dotted circles I actually just drew myself, then I could put them more where I wanted them in the proper sizes.
I had so much fun doing this layout.
pg#1 This layout came together so fast, because in all reality I just assembled the squares, and when you make them at the Kodak machines you can get 6 printed out on a 4x6 sheet so I actually only arranged 4x6 sheets. Quick & fun!
pg #2. these pages will go in my SHE album because they tell such a story about where I am in my life right now!
Oh and if you need a scrapbook fix, Yesterday's Memories is having a massive sale till Aug.12th. Including 20% off the brand new just arrived stock. Hello! that Heidi Grace stuff sure called my name!!!!! Great time to stock up on supplies. If you are like me, you now have so many summer pics to scrap, may as well do it for cheaper!

7 comments:

Julie Cortens said...

great layouts! I love doing monochromatic layouts - easy to decide what stuff to use LOL. Your layout of all your "layouts" has inspired me! What a great idea! May I scrap lift it? :)

scrappaleica said...

Thanks Julie, lift away!!!! Have fun doing it!

Anonymous said...

Leica, are you up for scrappin at Linda's tonight?? Kim and i will be there, Nicole, and i am not sure who else!!

Saucy said...

Wow! Great post today!!! I can hear your excitement in your typing! Congratulations on LUXE... it looks awesome, I will totally check it out, LUXE sounds so luxe!

Also, the layouts are rockin' today my friend!

scrappaleica said...

Pirates! sorry girls I missed you, it would've been fun. We had a total family day at the EX and then Jim's parents after. Sorry I missed you. next time!

scrappaleica said...

Saucy girl, thanks for the sweetness. And definitely check out Luxe, their stuff is great!

Anonymous said...

I love all the new layouts and congrats on the designers list.

Tracey