Tuesday, August 21

Elsie Layouts

So last night we had so much fun at the class. A room full of women, ready to let down their rules! So we took Elsie's concept and made them a little more real for us. Her flamboyant style is outrageous and fun but we don't necessarily take those crazy pictures that make the pages work. So instead we tried out different multimedia, painting, sewing, ribbon and COLOUR!!! The following 3 layouts are my class examples:

These little paper clay buttons were the most fun I think. I had premade over a hundred(because they needed to dry!) then I brought them to class and everyone painted their own. There were GREAT styles. I love seeing everyone's uniqueness! Great job girls! We kept this layout low key, to let the clay buttons stand out! Elsie is known for layering materials and taking up an entire page in a different way of journaling. I didn't know how practical that would be for anyone, so I combined an area for journaling and an area to put random patterned paper (mimicking fabric)
I was able to take a few photos, I'm missing quite a few, So if you take a picture of yours, when you finish it with a picture please, send it to me, I'll upload them here.

I do have room in tomorrow's classes. Eye on Design- hearts, Eye on Designs-flowers.

just email me!

1 comment:

Saucy said...

Lecia, that was a GREAT time last night! Can't wait to come to another class!! Loved working with the Elsie line and trying new things! Thanks again!