Thursday, August 2

okay, here are layouts & pics!

Oh and since I couldn't get a hold of my parents yesterday (August 1st) because they were on their hot hot date. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! My whole family loves you guys to death! Way to go being such an inspiration to all of us out there! Hope the Bessborough rocked, the Samurai was oh so yummy and the Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan was fun! Can't wait to hear...

so I truly am almost done organizing my scrapbook room. It is the last thing in my house that needs attention. I am glad that the last 2 days cooled off because I scrubbed my house clean like the queen was coming for a visit. You know how they say statements like "you could eat off the bathroom floor", well in my house I will make that statement (it may only last a day, but I tell you we are totally disinfected & disgustingly clean in this house right now!)You know it's bad when daddy brings home the boys and the first words out of his mouth are "don't make a mess boys". Only for Riley to ask how come our house is so clean, is people coming over? Wow, now does that say something or what? I allowed myself to give up on being a great housekeeper like my mom, gramma, Andrea & Natalie.These 4 women are the epitome of "CLEAN HOUSES at all times!!!!" So now, I am actually embarrassed. I thought I always did a decent, respectable job but for a 3 year old to notice, I must have bombed! So maybe I need to purge more, and give up a little more of my scrapbook time to clean... who knows. But then again, I don't really want to be known only as the mom with the clean house. I want to be known as the mom who was super cool, who taught us the neatest things, who spent so much quality time with us. Now having said that , no I still won't bring the sprinkler into the house so that the boys can run through it on cold days. I'm not that cool!
  • the funny part about this photo is I love the sun effect of it. My shot of it doesn't do it justice but in real life it is really neat. And of course I LOVE LOVE LOVE heidi Grace stuff. I've done I think 12 layouts with her new stuff. I'll post them sporadically so you don't get overloaded!
Here's me & my sweetie again! I had done this photo before in a sepia tone, but I will do one for each boy & Jim's & my album. So I still have one more to do!
I have done so many of Riley posing, but he is loving the camera right now, and I am loving HIM!
this layout is really 3D. had fun with it!
the tags pull out of the pocket to reveal different journaling tags
So I have to say I am truly addicted to scrapbooking.(It just dawned on me you see) Since January I have filled massive boxes with layouts that need to be put in albums. I would guess around 150 or more. I have albums coming out of every single room, literally. I patiently wait, with a stack of 50 plus albums on the floor sitting collecting dust, while I have more downstairs underneath the bench seats around the pool table, in our room, Riley's room, my scrapbook room, for my wall unit to be built. Dad asks where am I going to keep putting all these albums I am completing? Great question!!! I have no idea. So now I am consciously really going to just scrapbook my favourite pics, the better shots and put the rest in albums that can hold many pics. Otherwise I will have no solution but to ...move. When I start sorting those boxes I'll take some more pics of my layouts to show you.
  • By the way I really want to say thankyou for all the nice comments and especially the really awesome emails I have received this week. It is nice to know that the scrapbooking community in Saskatoon is so supporting. I appreciate every single email & comment. Oh and definitely thank you to my awesome friends at Scrapbook.com. I have been overwhelmed with the response I have been getting there lately! Thanks again!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Excellent layouts. The first one is my favorite. I am truly amazed at all that you can accomplish in your life with two little guys. I only wish I had the energy and creativity that you have.

p.s. I am not one of those super house cleaning moms either. I prefer to spend the time with my girls instead..but I do make sure my house doesn't get too bad.

Oh, and congratulations on your success with getting your upcoming scrapbooking events going.

scrappaleica said...

thanks Angie for the well wishes! I agree about the first layout too. Oh and I want to apologize that I never got back to you about a playdate. I always think I'll phone you when we have a minute, but I'm embarassed to say that we do too many activities in summer, going to the farm, lake & Edmonton. I will definitely take you up on that offer once school resumes. I make a specific point to get into more of a schedule with us only doing activities on 2 days a week so there is more "calmness" during the school year. Sounds good???

Saucy said...

Great layouts there, baby! And a clean house to boot! I can see the red "S" for "Superwoman" on your pj's right now!

I can totally relate to the storage issues... we ordered a big built-in wall unit last night for the living room and I made sure all of the lower cabinets were 18" deep!!! Scrapbook storage heaven!

scrappaleica said...

Saucy, the red S is fading fast. I was just marveling tonight how darn clean the house has stayed for now 3 days. Then the boys decided to roast marshmallows and needless to say the cocoa powder, popcorn & salt were dumped all over the pantry, along with most everything on the shelves they stepped on to get to the marshmallows. Just finished spending 30 minutes cleaning that up. As for the wall unit, did you custom design yours, we did and then the builder fell through so I have been stuck for a few months now on what to do. I know that we'll end up doing it with my dad after Harvest because we are all sick of the unorganized area now.