Wednesday, August 1

My exciting NEWS! NEWS! NEWS!

So here's my news! The "Cruisin Away" crop that is being held on September 29th totally sold out and the waiting list for cancellations is huge! So I've been totally been asked to do another crop! And of course I said YES! So the 2nd crop is on October 27th,2007 So last night I ordered all NEW goody bags for everyone because they have to be different from the first crop of course. And I am going to do a totally different class as well. So it will be super exciting!!! Sign up for the new one is starting right now too! I know that for all the ladies that came to the store and put your name on a waiting list, you will be given a spot. Just make sure you confirm that you still want it. All proceeds of gently used scrapbook supplies will also go towards the underprivileged children's group as well! And heck if you can't make it to the 2nd one just mention that you are still interested in the first one. you never know what will happen...

And second of all, I'm just filled with news today!!!!
  • Corrine Braun(super cool lady! I have a link to her site on the side) works at the Dundurn Army Base. This year they are trying to send as many cards as possible to our Canadian troops overseas. this is an amazing cause as we all know how they are sacrificing their lives to make the world better. So on September 13th there will be a
  • Cardmaking Crop for Troops at my house. Bring any unwanted Christmas paper or ribbon to make the cards with. And if you have nothing come anyways with your paper trimmer and adhesives!One thing Corrine did mention is that absolutely NO metal (brads, hinges, bookplates, paperclips, etc) can be used on these cards as it just causes more problems going through security. So keep that in mind! This is such an amazing cause. Hope to see you here! (I will tantalize your buds with scrumptious appetizers too!) I'll pull out my best Martha Stewart recipes. Actually to tell you the truth I might call Saucy because that girl knows how to throw a party, go and check out her food pics. All I can say is WOW...I want to be like Martha & Sasha! email me if you are coming!
  • Third point of interest: I am going to be having a
  • "Scrap Swap & Chat" at my house September 18th. Anyone is welcome. This is what is going to take place. Everyone will bring an appetizer of some sort as well as their old supplies & scraps they no longer use and their favourite albums. We will visit, eat, share albums and then we are going to spread all the scrapbook supplies out. Then if there is something you want, you can take but you have to give something as well. So the end result is that we have all taken some new to you items but have created a huge amount of boxes to donate to Kate Kading's underprivileged children's scrapbook group. We all know we hoard supplies that realistically we are never going to use again so why not help a good cause out. It is also a nice social evening to get to know other scrapbookers as well as share our albums. So if anyone is thinking that they would like to come but are so new to scrapbooking that you have nothing to give, you are still welcome of course! The idea is to share and have fun.
  • Oh and yes, Mindy, Terry & Lori ,Jim's still laughing that I told him you guys wanted a sleepover party that night. Funny thing is he thinks we are joking hey?....

sorry it seems so overwhelming but all these important causes have deadlines for them to get to the people in charge. So put them on your calendar and come out and socialize and have fun!!!!

So absolute LAST topic of discussion...

Scraptology has changed dates on our classes for August. As most people are away and there is a demand for these super awesome events. Here are the new changes:

  • Family Album- Summer activities that was going to be on Aug.8th is now combined with Family Album-school photos class on Aug.23 starting at 6pm-10pm.

  • "SHE" class on Aug.16 is now moved to Aug.30th with "Who Am I", which will also start at 6pm-10pm

  • Elsie class will still be on Aug.20th.

  • Eye on Design Flowers (Aug.21) is now moved to a double class on Aug.22 with Eye on Design Hearts. this will also start at 6pm-10pm.

that's it I swear!!!!!

So since I have not showed you any layouts forever I will take pics and post a bunch tomorrow! Promise, promise, promise. Also the infamous Allison Orthner is coming to Saskatoon to chat with me about the cruise and all the fun events so I am pretty excited to see her again! So maybe I'll have more news, who knows. I hope everyone is having a smashing summer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leica, it's totally exciting that you were asked to have a second crop! That's awesome. Let me know what I can do to help with that one, too!

Kate said...

Leica...how can I even BEGIN to say Thank-you for all this?!?!?!? I thought the class was going to be "Here's some paper and scissors...go for it." But it's going to be SO MUCH MORE than that now! I have a lesson plan, actual techniques to teach every single week because I have a small MOUNTAIN of supplies that grows every day!!! I am just truly floored at the response. Thank-you, Thank-you Thank-you!!! I will be in town the last few days in August...I'd love to buy you lunch. Let's get together!

Kate said...

P.S. Let me know the details of what the cards for the troops need to look like (dimensions, what to write in them, etc) and I will have the croppers up here make a whole bunch! Can the kids do it too? Can't wait!

jem said...

Ohh, you have a crazy busy September with all us ladies at your home. I am so excited to make some cards too.

scrappaleica said...

Jody, you are always a doll, so helpful! Kate, you don't have to thank me, everyone should be willing to support great causes and then the world would be a better place. But definitely call me when you are in and I'll definitely hang out! As for the cards, I think that they are just cards of any type, sort anything goes I think. and definitely kids can make them too! If you do want to know more though please ask Corrine on her site as she would have more particulars. (Corrine Braun-local talent)

scrappaleica said...

Melina, you know I always like a party. And what better one then a house full of crazy scrapbookers?

coRinne not connie said...

You rock chickie! Thanks for mentioning the Op Christmas Card - it's not actually my idea - but i'm coordinating it around here. The Family Resource Centre at the bases across Canada all collect the cards... but i thought - hey why not?
I'll be at your crop with bells on - well maybe not with bells - but i'd love to be there!
Cards can be any size, shape or color. A little note to say happy holidays or season's greetings or thanks for be there would be awesome! leave the envelope unsealed and address it to "Any Canadian solder" or Any Canadian Forces Member.

more on my blog...
braunc13@blogspot.com