Monday, August 27

Our big Adventure! Lot's of pics!

Today was such an awesome day! I dedicated it 100%to the boys. Riley starts school on Wednesday so I thought, summer's over. No more unlimited play dates, late bedtimes, etc. Instead regimen, sports practices start, early bedtimes. So today I decided that we would do whatever the boys wanted to do, go wherever, eat whatever, do everything fun!!! no worries about deadlines, emails, phone calls, or scrap assignments that I HAVE to get done!!!! (I saved that for tonight) Today was the kid's day! and you'll never believe this. I received a massive LUXE shipment (like $3000.00+ retail that contained all my class products & prizes, goody bag product & prizes for both crops & then just stuff for me to design with!!!!!!) from the awesome UPS dude! (Lovin' UPS!!!!) just as I was walking out the door. And did I stop and go through it??? NOPE! Was it killing me all day???YES! But that didn't matter because just to have the day with my boys, seeing their endless smiles, to wrestle with them by the river. It was the best! And I took over 300 pics and about 80% are scrapworthy. We went to different parks we've never been to, in really remote locations. We'd stop only if they liked what the park looked like. Then we walked on different bridges, then we spent almost 2 hours playing on the new walkway bridge under Circle Drive. The boys LOVED this bridge. Then we drove out to Bare A@@ Beach and played in the river beds, splashing through the water, the sand, making castles. The water was so super warm. I turned my eyes to see Riley laughing and next thing I know I hear Jager right below me saying "fwimming". I looked...yes, yes he was! In full clothes! Never dreamt today would turn into a swim day. So stripped down to our britches and had a gay ole time for another hour and a half. then we had to pack up because tonight was Emily's 13th bday party. Our extended family always gets together for relatives bdays. This was a blast. We went to gramma's washed our clothes, ran around naked until they dried(we attempted toga towels for the boys but they kept falling off )too skinny, and then the clothes were ready just as people started to arrive.WHEW! So today turned out to be the best 12 hours of my entire summer. The only thing better would've been if Jim took the day off from work and joined us. We missed you honey! So here's just a few pics from the day! Enjoy!

6 comments:

Julie Cortens said...

Fun Day - great pictures Wonderful Memories! Life is Grand!

Anonymous said...

You are the best mom ever! When i grow up i want to be just like you!! hehe Great pictures! I think that i will take my girls to some parks tomorrow, you are a great inspiration!

Jennifer

Angie said...

You have such beautiful boys, and take such wonderful pictures. I actually seen you guys under the Circle Drive Bridge just coming off the new walk way... I was on my way to pick up my mom...and I couldn't help but notice Jager...maybe its the hair
anyways, I'm glad you had fun with your boys

Kelly said...

Your boys are the luckiest kids alive!! That is so awesome!!! Love the pictures you took - they are amazing, love the colors in them. The boys are such good sports for the pictures, either that or they were just having too much fun to notice the camera!!

Kate said...

Your boys are getting so big!!! Sounds like stuff I'd like to be doing right now...but it's only 10 degrees here~! Enjoy the weather while you can. Hopefully see you this week!

Saucy said...

Oh, funny funny! That sounds like the best day for two boys and a mom ever. Caution to the wind!!