Thursday, August 16

Layouts!!!!

So the other day I bought the new Basic Grey & Cosmo Cricket lines when Yesterday's Memories were having their big sale. Can't wait to use the huge savings coupons in September!

  • So I only allowed myself to do a couple of fun & quick layouts for myself the last 2 nights and then I got back to work that was more time pressing. I'll show you 1 that I did the other night and 3 I did at my gramma's garage sale today! Sorry no peeks from last night. So I dropped Riley off at VBS, went & helped at the garage sale, then went back and picked him up. And then Jim took Riley to work with him today and they had a blast. So with how busy our day was, I can't believe that I was able to get so many layouts done.. and still help people! And I got 5 done!!!!(see a dedicated scrapbooker can scrap anywhere! table or no table) I only took what I could quickly shift off my lap to help people, kept my supply choices extremely limited and I had fun. Enjoyed the awesome sunny day, I didn't realize it but I actually got burnt. oops!
  • I like that Basic Grey is different this release. I actually found quite a few papers that really will suit my summer pictures & my boys! As for Cosmo Cricket, well everyone knows I LOVE everything they make. Hello, it matches my house, my life, the farm...everything. So I had to scrap these pics, I love them. Jager is so innocent, having to try everything.
  • Cosmo Cricket- at the garage sale! Made this easily with premade accents that coordinate with the paper line. And I LOVE circles!!!!

  • Basic Grey- at the garage sale This is a simpler layout, but still efficient. It says everything I wanted to say and still has a little punch with the minimal accents. I especially love d taking this picture in the trees after church one day. It was a day that I dressed the boys the same, but Jag wanted NO part in smiling. He was more interested in chasing the bugs.
Cosmo Cricket- Such a soft romantic line. I wanted to do a layout of us for my mom's book, so these colours seemed more elegant. For my own album & the boys album I scrapped this picture with a funkier line. also, check out my AWESOME new swirl stamps that I got at Yesterday's Memories, I have now used them on everything, they are so great.
Basic Grey- Garage Sale
  • This is definitely one I love! I really liked taking advantage of the worn off areas because it looks like graffiti. I wanted the photos to stand out the most so I made the title really subtle, in the same colour tones as the paper. "Sunscreen Boy" . Lot's of times I love to use a lot of things, I think, the more the better sometimes, so seeing what I could make with minimal choices, makes me realize that the photos are still really the focus. I think we all lose sight of that sometimes. I definitely love how this is something so true to how Jim let's the boys learn. I swear I need to do an album just on what happens when daddy watches us! Jim you are so funny, and you allow the boys to learn & experiment while I forget and just do it for them, Jim, thanks for letting them be kids! And hey, I have been getting the best photos of the kids doing really funny things. more for me to scrapbook (maybe that's what Jim is thinking, what can the boys do today that Leica will scrapbook??? just kidding)
so tomorrow is Riley's last day at VBS, then we have the family supper at church with his final performance for us. I'm so excited. VBS was definitely one of my favourite camps when I was growing up. Have a great night everyone! See you tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

Saucy said...

Seriously. I am hanging my head in shame. I now pass the red "S" back to you, my friend. I have never:

1. completed five layouts in one day

2. scrapbooked at a garage sale

3. limited myself to only a few pieces from a cool new line

That said, you are in complete custody of the S!!