Wednesday, March 7

Alcohol Inks

So lately I've been working on some photos from the end of last year, which still bring back great memories!!!! Especially this pumpkin maze adventure. Melina & I took the children to Dutch Growers. It was fun, Riley & Ethan giggled and giggled and threw hay. Poor Jager, suffering from allergies, swelled up and developed a crazy rash and blotchiness all over his face. He would not quit going through the maze though.
So I created the background paper with alcohol inks. Which is one of my favourite products to use lately.
I took a transparency and started with my lightest colour of ink and "dropped" puddles onto the transparency. I let them run wherever they wanted to go. If you would rather have a marbled look, take felt and dab them immediately after you drop the ink. Play with it, you'll get the idea. Then I kept adding darker colours after till my page was covered. If you don't like an area, you can always drop a darker colour over top of it again. I also had fun sewing the felt onto my page. I LOVE felt! try it, you'll be hooked. Since felt is really hard to adhere things to, I've found the awesomest glue at Yesterday's Memories called "Gloo" by KI Memoreis. Itis perfect for embellishments like buttons, chipboard and anything else with weight,and it doesn't come off the felt at all. A must have glue!
So with this layout, I created my background paper the exact same way, but I made a mosaic instead by cutting the transparency into 2x2 squares. just gives a different effect. Looks kind of like stained glass. I placed a lighter colour behind the transparency to make it pop. The brown would not have allowed the pattern to have been seen as well.
Of course, another great photo by Melina Perron.
Can my family get enoughof her....NO!
So what else cna you use alcohol inks on? Glass, metal, and plastic. I'm working on a funky project right now, it's not done but I'll post it when I am. Then you can see some more examples of alcohol inks.
So off the topic of scrapbooking, Jager was bit at the gym daycare, then by my friends girl so now at church he bit another child of course. Now he is seriously our little vampire at home. Any ideas how to stop this? Need help!!!
Riley had an awesome day at preschool. He came home and told me that he goes to the best school and he loves it. I am so in love with Maria Montessori School. The teachers, staff and parents are delightful. Everyone is friendly, and I love the focus on respect that they are demonstrating to the students. The teachers are top notch! Highly recommend this school if you are looking for a place to enrol your child into. The class sizes are very small and personable , and the children are stimulated in practical ways. There is no slipping through the cracks here!
Food for thought: Our lives are constantly getting so busy, but take 5 minutes out of your day to call someone you haven't talked to in awhile and see how they are doing. You'll be glad you did. And it will brighten their day!

3 comments:

scrappaleica said...

I forgot to add, on the mosaic layout, I added some gold ink, this is a great ouch that adds a little more dimension to the paper. Try it.

jem said...

I really like the mosaic on your layout, it is great to see you use some old scrapbook techniques with new products. I can't wait to see more. I am delighted that Riley is doing so well in School. Oh, and I thing I will call my grandma I have not talked to her in a few weeks.
Melina

Pam said...

your layouts are amazing just like always!