Monday, March 12

quick and easy

Okay, so this weekend I was accused of only doing extreme pages. I said that I don't always because I really don't have the time to focus on a really involved page anymore. If I have a night away from the kids, well yes, I tend to play a little longer. But in reality, I have hundreds of photos that still need to be finished. So sometimes I'll only spend 20 minutes on a layout to just get it done. So this posting is for YOU! and you know who you are...Here's a few quickies. So, when I want to get a page done fast frequently resort to some sort of colour blocking. Or I let a saying sum it up. I don't always have journaling to go with a page. Really. I mean sometimes there is only so much a person can say. (--more great Melina Perron photos) a really good trick, is to blow up your photos huge! why not??? It makes an impact on its own. plus when the pic is larger you can have a little crazier background.

here the wording on the patterned paper was enough said. "priceless". For more of an effect I turned the photo to sepia. (which I am a huge fan of!!!)
Here, I really don't think I spent 10 min. on truly. Ready on your mark, get set, Go!
Ink the edges
sand the photo edges
rub on the title on the photo
place eyelets on the photo
run fibre through the holes and then tape the ends on the backside (just use scotch tape)
the rip a white piece of paper, place in bottom r.h.corner
stick the letter stickers on.
DONE! told ya. S-I-M-P-L-E (above-another Melina shot too)
another color blocking.
rub ons are quick and effective
another colour blocking & a Melina photo the most difficulty with this layout is that I sewed on it. If you don't have a sewing machine, you can just draw the ticks with marker, or there are some companies that make "sewing" rub ons. Gel-a-tins make a really cool sewing acrylic stamp. so many options
really, time me. this one probably only about 6 min. place photo on page.criss cross ribbons, place charm at ribbon intersection, place Basic Grey rub on in bottom corner
Melina photo too.
Another super quickie! & Color blocking.
(Melina photo too!)
This one maybe a little more complicated. The whole r.h. side opens to reveal journaling. Otherwise everything on this page is almost rub ons
Heidi Swapp ghost letters & flowers are a blast!I use them so much.
Here I made a wack of index photos. They pretty much are my embellishments for this page. I think when you have great photos like this, you really don't need too much else.
(more Melina Perron photos)
Now, I was also asked " Do you ever scraplift??" In reality, I try to never do this, BUT, there are some phenomenal layouts that I enjoy the concept of and interpret in my own way. This one is an example. It was in a Memory Makers issue and she did it as a Valentines Day layout (I think) or love. I thought it was brilliant, but wanted to change it up, so I took the concept to a winter page with snowflakes. Remember, magazines are there to inspire you. so be inspired.
Sometimes let the photos do the talking. and again, great rubons speak loud, without having to get somplicated. My personal favourite rub ons are:
Making Memories (any letter font)
Basic Grey- any of them
Art Warehouse (the bottom letters) (I have went through an amazing amount of these ones. So versatile!!!)
Here, a form of color blocking, done as strips. I strategically placed the "rays" of paper so they directed your eye to look at the photo. Again, rub ons create the words. FAST!
The journaling is done on a Dymo label machine. A must have for the everyday scrapbooker. (I have quite a few different models of Dymo, because sometimes I just like the good 'ol plastic ones.)
more colour blocking & rub ons. Are you starting to see a pattern here?
Most of these pages have used scraps for the colour blocking parts. Why not? we all have scraps.
And if you want to save money on the rub ons, maybe instead type the journaling out on your computer.
really, imagine the speed on this one. The only thing I truly spent time on was twisting the wire to create a rope look. Remember though, if you don't have the negs, or a spare photo don't rip the edges. You can't fix it once it is done. I always do any drastic changes to the spare photo. So, believe me now? Most of these are actually old layouts because I haven't photographed any of my new speed demons yet. When I do, I'll post those. I hope you've ejoyed some of these oldie, goldies.
So the true question, which layouts do I prefer? the extreme scrapbooking or "Let's get 'er done" layouts? I LOVE BOTH!
because they are still photos of my family, my loves , my everything. And remember, those that read your pages are not judging your workmanship, they are appreciating it. I know I don't hear my 3 yr old saying mom, you should've spent more time on this page. So keep it in check.
I think I've just inspired my own self to go and whip up a few quickie layouts tonight.
Oh, for those of you who want extra help on creating Fast layouts, I highly recommend taking Pam's class called "Fast n Fun". You complete 10 pages every time in 2 hours. No check. It's a reality!!! And I do have to admit they are smashing layouts! (If you need a schedule of Scraptology's Fast n Fun classes, just email me.
Go scrapbook!

1 comment:

jem said...

It is nice to see lots of your amazing layouts. I like the CHEESE page of Jager. Thanks for the photo credits, they do look cool with your excellent pages.