Friday, March 9

random photos

This is a fun minimal doodling page. Didn't have any journaling to say. I used mostly Derwent watercolours. (this type is the best colour selection and quality for the price) They are like pencil crayons, so I colour my areas first then paint over them with just water for the dreamy look. I did bring in some Prismacolour pencil crayons too for the darker areas. I liked using circles with this photo.I also sewed some messy circles just for texture and some "stripes on the side." I used this particular 3 because it was such a strong contrast to the soft page. For just a little "something something" I used Art Accentz microfine glitter and made a circle of sparkly dots. Since I had a lot of free space on this photo, I did a little doodling on it too. Why not?A good idea when using circles is too offset them with a contrasting element. Here I repeated "squares" I drew a box around the outside, Created a frame around the photo. It just puts more of a focus on the circles.

"Love" Just Jager and I. I have seriously been using an unbelieveable amount of this "blush" line by Basic Grey. It is so much fun. Since I didn't want the layout to look girly because of all the pink and flowers, I painted cream acrylic paint by Making Memories all over it. It gave a bit of translucent appearance while still being able to see the paper. I typed all of my journaling on vellum and then "stapled" it to the little papers I precut to place the journaling on. I didn't have anything to say so I just kept repeating LOVE in different masks, stickers and rub ons. The large title is made with the Heidi Swapp masks. (a must have ) then I randomly made a "frame" out of buttons. So much fun! (another Melina Perron photo-)
melinaperronphotography.blogspot.com
I created the "holes" with different sized eyelet setters. I love doing this. It is such a inexpensive way to add an embellishment or design. Of course I totally love the Ki Memories shimmer paper. It is fun to work with. It's hard to tell but the silver is Bazzil shimmer cardstock. the coolest thing about this layout is, the picture opens up to reveal 2 journaling blocks written by Jim and I to Riley. (What we love about you) XOXO is Heidi Swapp chipboard.The "Love" rub on in the top right hand corner is by Daisy d's.

1 comment:

jem said...

Wow!!! Thanks for the photo credits and blog link. I really like your "Love Layout" with the random buttons. Oh, and thanks for reminding me about the random eyelet punches.