Friday, March 30

Julie's challenge- Let's see your first layouts.

Okay, so I found it, my very first page. But in the middle of scanning it our power went out. Go figure, middle of the day and it goes off. Now I can't get our scanner to send the images to the computer. I think I might have to wait for someone with more technical skill to bail me out. Anyways I did scan 3 newbies that I did when I first had Riley. I find them funny, but I will definitely not redo them. I like seeing how times of changed. So Julie, these will have to do till I can enter my other one. It's not too much different in style. I had the decorative scissors but I didn't really follow the trend of making shapes out of my photos. I Love this one of Jim in the shower with Riley. He is hanging onto daddy and just loving the water hit his back. I had found him a little bath robe in Michigan (at Carter's- a cool kids store) and so I thought they looked sweet. Here's our official first family photo! Zoom in on this one if you want a laugh. The photographer was so choked that I had to stop and breastfeed Riley because of course the only appointment we could get at Sears was during feeding time. Anyways, so we only got 3-5 alright photos. None of Riley & me, just Jim & Riley, and the family. But look at how my bobby pin sticks out. SEXY! I was really into the ripping and tearing stage when Riley was first born.

Here, I am totally proud of myself. I was doing almost all my scrapbook shopping in the states and taking any classes I could down there, so I entered the inking market , and started my love for rub ons. It was so funny, I bought a large dollar amount of rub ons down there,and came up to Saskatoon to get more, nobody had heard of them. I almost died. Now everyone has them, best purchase I ever made. This whole layout pretty much is an overlay.Notice all the single & double matting? Too funny. I stage this little photo shoot with a blanket my gramma crocheted for Riley. The stamp set, my gramma found me at a garage sale. Brings back memories of how I first started doing this.
This was fun. Old photos are totally cool to look back on. I wonder what we'll say about the styles we are doing right now. Can't wait. I should explain though. My very first album was my wedding album, and I was given really great advice. Don't ever cut your photos, especially not around people, don't use crazy and multiple shapes on a page and just keep it all squares and it will look classic forever. I never was a big sticker fan so I actually just did lot's of matting, but I did love the die cut letters. So I took this advice and consequently my first album is really not bad. I did use lot's of angel punches, but I kept all my background the same colour because my album was a handmade album, so my background was a beige. So it isn't very dating. I actually did quite a bit of my own hand doodling, which I think is cool, since I've always loved that and now it is back in fashion.
My awesome dentist, Dane Moore, got me in yesterday and fixed my tooth, so I am happy and feeling a lot better. Still a little sore, but no root canal, so I am very happy.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. I can't wait to do some outdoor activites.

3 comments:

Pam said...

I love these layouts! It is sure amazing how times have changes! It amazes me how cutting edge all of these techniques would have been at the time and how much it has evolved!

Julie Cortens said...

Leica - great layouts. Yes after my first layout I didn't cut anymore people out but everything got matted and matted again, haha. I am enjoying all our fisrt pages. It is the pictures and memories we are treasuring - the technique and style - it changes with time and we get more creative - but the memories - that is why we scrapbook. That is why we can look at our old pages and still say "ahhhhh"...okay there are a few I just can't look at and may someday redo but for the most part I still say "ahhh" because I am looking at the pictures and remembering.

Anonymous said...

Hey Leica- I remember looking at Riley's first scrapbook at his baby shower at your mom's. I thought the layout of Jim and Riley was so sweet and intimate. Still do. Daddy's with their baby's are a beautiful thing!