Sunday, May 13

happy mothers day to everyone!

Wasn't today a wonderful day? I hope everyone made some excellent memories. I literally woke up to Riley jumping on my bed wishing me Happy Mothers Day over & over. He rocks! I received so many kisses & kisses. Jim wasn't home so I think Riley might have got some prompting from Auntie Jenn, but it still was a great way to wake up. At school Riley made me this wall hanging. I actually cried when he gave it to me. It's funny how something like this really is more valuable than anything. He was so excited to tell me that these were his hands, but Miss Sherrie wrote the letters. He was so proud of his "fingerprints", and that he only used one finger to make all the colours and could I believe it or what? So funny how they say things. Of course we had to hang it up for everyone to see. And it reminds me how everyday truly is Mother's day, I'm so lucky to be blessed with these sweethearts!~ So I am going to show you random pics from today. We went and picked up the most beautiful roses for these women and the boys were so excited to give each women their bunch. We always try to spend every Mother's day visiting all the important mother's in my life. The women who shaped me to become who I am. I am here because of my mom, my grandmas and I really want to raise my boys so that they appreciate women and respect them and honour them. I want them to respect everyone, but I think it is really important that boys learn to treat women kind and respectful and be helpful. Also a special Mother's day to my sister. She is a new mommy who will have some hard days of being up all through the night, and experience so many new changes. A new life. Good luck, and remember we are all here to help when you need one of those vent times for good & bad. Baby hunter, is so adorable. He is such a happy, happy little guy!

the new parents. proud parents.
Well Andrea (my brother Shane's hottie girlfriend), you definitely look great holding a little one.
just a quick hug between bros!
Here is my grandma Elliott, she has such a passion for life. It is written all over he face how much love she has for us her grandchildren and now her great grandchildren. They love her too. I wouldn't dare reveal her age, but I betcha there is no one out there that could ever guess it. And to think she still bikes MILES everyday, just put her garden in with grandpa. She is amazing. So grandma, from you I learn the art of patience, the importance of respecting & understanding God (your passion & love for him is unbelievable and true) and realizing that hard work will be profitable and mold you into the best you can be.
well, Steven hates me taking his pic, so I have to take ones when he doesn't know I am. I think he is so cute but definitely looks like a viking today with this facial hair.
Cousins 4ever! My boys just love Hunter. Any chance they get they want to hold , hug or kiss him. Jager is so happy when he's the "big boy" holding him.
great grandparents! Gramma & Grampa Elliott are amazing people. Such hardworkers. I love you guys. Thanks for being a crucial part in helping us raise our children!
Here is my dear Grandpa Elian. This wonderful man is going to be 95 in a few weeks. Wow hey??? He is the epitome of an amazing husband. Never a harsh word said or a voice raised. He still tells my gramma how beautiful she is everyday. He has always showed so much love to us kids and now our kids. I love you gramps!
Here's my dad with the trouble makers. They would move out and live at the farm with poppa if they had their choice. All I hear is poppa this, poppa that. photo is a little caught off guard but oh well. it's real!
Can you believe this is a 4 generation photo? Grandma Elian, I have learned so many things from you. You have taught me creativity, painting, sewing, you are so creative, and still making quilts for the needy. you have taught me how to help people even when you haven't much. There is always someone worse off that needs your help. She sews the tops of the quilts and a wonderful group of ladies from the church assemble the bottoms to the tops and they send these quilts overseas to the helpless and unfortunate people. When I was growing up they sponsored children in Africa. You have generosity, and will always help people and never let on when you need help, because you always put everyone else first.
my parents. I see such a pattern in my life. Grandparents that treasure each other to the fullest, parents that are so in love with each other. such supportive family, loving family, we all do everything together. I LOVE my life! My parents are so excited to have another little grandson. He is going to be so spoiled!!!!!!! and from you my mom, I have learned how to host events (you are the most amazing event planner, it is your calling) you do it efficiently and everyone looks forward to anything that you put on. I hope to be half as good as you. I strive to be organized like you. You never are late for sending cards, thank yous or anything that will make people feel better. You always are there to help out, without asking. The best babysitter, and also someone will put me back in line. THANK YOU! I want to also thank you for always accepting &welcoming my friends, you always make them feel such a part of our family and always welcome.
Me with baby Hunter. I love you little nephew! I couldn't get enough of this boy. Made me want another I will definitely tell you honestly!!!!!!
It's funny, because since I have had children I find this to be actually one of the most important holidays. I am a mother because of amazing people. There is nothing I'd rather be doing than spending quality time with those that mean the world to me. Remember that we shouldn't wait till Mother's Day to let these women know their value to us. Thanks!

9 comments:

Pam said...

happy mothers day leica!! (a day late)
great pics and comments.
hunter and your boys are so cute!!

Kelly said...

Whew, that was a long post - good job!
I love the tradition you have of visiting all of the important "mothers" in your life, that is such an awesome thing to teach your boys!
Your sis is looking really good and happy to be a mama.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures of your wonderful family! You are so fortunate to have both sets of Grandparents still. I love Hunter's dimples and that little smile. Your boys look so proud. I hope you had a great Mommy's day!

scrappaleica said...

Thanks for the wishes girls! Isn't motherhood the best? I am fortunate to have all of my grandparents and I know it! It is also very beautiful seeing my sister morph into a mommy. and well Hunter is so cute!

Dawn Hueser said...

Lecia - now I understand how you came to be such an amazing woman. I know your boys will grow up and show you the same love that you show your parents and grandparents.

Congratulations on being such a wonderful Mom with wonderful family.

scrappaleica said...

dawn, thanks for the nice comments. you are too kind!

jem said...

Thanks for taking the time to share about all the amazing women in your life, I am so luck to have meet these truly outstanding women including you. I am glad that your family treasures and shares daily life together. Happy MOM's day!!

scrappaleica said...

I'm glad I met you too Melina, I didn't get a chance to wish you happy mother's day, so happy mommy's day!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You brought tears to my eyes. And you always said that I'm the one with the gift of sappy literature. I think you topped me. Wow. We are truly blessed aren't we? To have grown up in a family with such an abundance of love. And there is no denying that the women of our family are strong, smart and absolutely full of love... great pics, great words... love ya sis