Sunday, May 6

a quick ...

show of 2 layouts I got done yesterday. I still have to journal on the other one so I'll post when that is complete. But I dedicated yesterday's scrapping to my brothers and brother in law Darryl. So here is one of Shane. Very minimalist & repetitive. I actually like the simplicity of the scenic route paper that I didn't do too much with it. Loved the result. this one of Darryl is a little busier. Great pics to work with, so I was excited. I can't wait to give this layout to my sis & bro in law.

Got to go put the boys down for a nap. We have a bbq to go to tonight so I need them rested. One thought though,
Today was the best day at church, Jager has remembered most of the basic songs we sing in Sunday School. Today we could even make out "deep and wide" in his singing & actions. Pretty good for a 19 month old. It is so funny because Riley loves to sing and will sing his little heart out, bless his soul. but Jager actually can carry a tune and hum and hold notes for awhile. He is so lucky, I think he will be a singer like Jim and poor Riley will be a karaoke type wanna be like me. After church both boys were singing, Down in my heart, and usually I sing the verse and Riley likes to do the "where?" but today he told me I better not sing anything anymore, and just they will sing. Think he's being subtle??? hey we all have our weaknesses. Have a great day!

6 comments:

Ralna Nordstrom said...

great layouts Leica. Those stamps on Shane are my absolute favorite from technique tuesday. I'd love to see you seriously embellish that font... hmmm a challenge

scrappaleica said...

thanks Ralna, it's hard to see but I did glossy accents them and I always avoid putting it on the cut out parts, then in real life they pop better, and yes I have to agree that these are also the best stamps I have ever purchased.
I might take you up on your challenge.hmmm...

Kate said...

Will there be a Crop and Cruise next year???

Kelly said...

I love the LO of Shane - I just did a LO last night of Kaela using similar paper from Scenic Route (although your turned out 100x better!)

scrappaleica said...

Kate, I don't know anything about future crop & cruises except most likely if this one is a success. Considering an adventure???

scrappaleica said...

Kelly, I'm off to check out your new layout. Did I ever tell you that I really like your girls names & spellings? I love uniqueness!