Tuesday, May 29

Mother's Tea

HI everyone! Today was such a rainy day, but I had a little bit of sweetness to make it wonderful. Riley's school had Mother's Tea today. So every single class invited their moms (or a grandma) for tea. This is a part of the kids curriculum. They learn to entertain, serve and prepare. They practise conversation and politeness and patience. It was spectacular. When I got to his classroom, I had to wait my turn until Riley cam and shook my hand saying, "Good morning mommy, welcome to my classroom, would you like to come in for some tea? Please follow me," Then he guided me to my spot and we both sat down. (yes time for some aaah's) Then we patiently waited our turn till Riley got up to serve me. He asked whether I would like hot or cold tea and then took my cup & saucer and brought me back some tea. He's only 3 too, the kids carried it so carefully and always Miss Sherrie or Miss Ada was there to make sure nobody got burned or had problems, but otherwise the children had to do this themselves. Then he presented it to us and asked would we like some dainties and crackers and cheese. The kids had set the tables and helped prepare the food. It was wonderful.

One of the other moms snapped a quick pic of us. This will be a day I remember forever. I love you Riley!
this was my favourite part of the tea. All the children had written a compliment for their mom on this leaf, which was placed on the "compliment tree". They presented it to us and said such nice things. This school encourages the children to be so respectful and to appreciate others. Isn't that wonderful? There needs to be so much more of this taught to the kids growing up nowadays. It seems that respect is becoming a lost art.
Each of the kids gave their mom a rose. It was so precious.
At the end of the tea, Miss Sherrie asked us to write a compliment for our child, so that they could read them in class tomorrow. How beautiful.
Last night I tried to upload pics but Blogger wouldn't let me post???? So I'll just post a few today.We went and watched Shane & Andrea's ball game, it was fun. Here at the ballgame the boys were bowling , trying to knock down the cans (of course since it was a adult league, unfortunately the cans were beer cans.) but it kept them amused forever.
Riley thought the dandelions were so super cute. He kept bringing me these and soon I had a huge bouquet of them. Then along came some more from...
Jager bringing me gorgeous flowers too. For the rest of the ballgame I had dandelions in my hair because Riley thought they looked beautiful in my hair.
this is what Jager does in the Super bee when daddy "pins" it. I had to capture this excitement. Why is is that no matter the age, most men just get so excited about the rev of an engine? I get such a kick out of this. Both my boys beg to take the Superbee anywhere versus any other vehicle.
thanks for coming by today, and let's learn from the kids, pass on a compliment to someone today. You'll feel great!

2 comments:

jem said...

That mommy tea look like fun and great for the kids to serve mom or grandma.

Kelly said...

awwww....these pics are so adorable!