Monday, April 2

CHALLENGE #2

Today is the Day! CHALLENGE #2: Journal from the Heart! For those of you who don't know me, I am very independent, not a follower and never emotional. I tell it like it is, don't tolerate nonsense and I work like a son of a gun. I do have emotion, but it is kept so deep inside, no one ever sees it. I will stand up for a belief, fight for what's right and pretty much do not have any tolerance for lies or deceit. I am always up to date with my 5W's journaling (Who what when where and how) my interpretation of my children's thoughts & actions but very private about myself. I started blogging last October 2006 but stopped because I developed a form of cancer & consequently lost our third child. (I would have been due in 2 weeks) It really seemed like my world had ended. Nobody would ever have known it, because I continued to be strong, appear happy, so that no one else would be sad, or at a loss of what to say. In one week, I lost the baby, spent nights in the hospital, went for a crazy amount of dr. app'ts & ultrasounds, scheduled for a d&c, and a hysterectomy at the end of the week. Wow! I was filled with terror. Jim was thousands of miles away, feeling helpless and sad. I was distraught (hence the reason why I stopped blogging) Thankfully after numerous tests, I didn't have to get a hysterectomy. The cancer hadn't attached itself to any of my organs. Thank goodness. I still go for bloodwork every 2 weeks for 6 months, guess what ... I only have 2 app'ts left! Yeah!!! Still in the clear, no signs of cancer. Consequently, I have more appreciation for emotion because I think one has to share to heal. (so telling you guys was a huge step for me, I just exposed myself in a harsh reality.) This last month was hard. 2 awesome people I knew died. It wasn't their time. I think so many times that they didn't have the chance to say goodbye, to tell everything they needed to say. Wow. What if something were to happen to anyone of us today. Would we be able to say that those closest to us knew our most deepest thoughts, desires, trials & wishes? Would they be left satisfied or continue to wonder, wishing they had only a minute left to say something. So I blog, not because someone else is (even though I do love checking out my friends & icons sites) heck even I'm not simple enough to believe it started in Saskatoon, it has been going on for YEARS & YEARS in the world. And Why? because people have realized that it is healthy to document life, to share with others. Saskatoon has just been behind. For me, I can connect with family & Friends and express myself through words & pictures. So this is my challenge to you! Scrapbook a subject that is dear to you, that you have a hard time expressing. Maybe an issue you aren't dealing with very well, or a sadness you want to remember, or a happy time that you've never written about that you don't want to forget!!!Maybe it is about yourself,or a world issue like famine & poverty that pulls at your heart. Maybe it is everything you wanted to say to someone but never had the chance. You decide. Remember it is for YOU! Forget the pictures unless you really feel it will add to your story, but let's make a layout that focuses on journaling. Remember, just because you don't have pictures, you can still create a work of art. If you want email it to me scrap-mommy@hotmail.com and I'll post it on my blog. or keep it personal and just give me a comment that you did it & how you feel now that you have done it. Remember, I'm with you too. I am the worst at journaling, but I am starting a new leaf TODAY! Right now! I am going to put my emotions to paper about the loss of my third child. Can't wait till Friday. I may have to call Dawn for help. So I am going to leave you with a very simple layout that I did over a year ago. The journaling is true to my heart. ( a melina photo of course!) Now for something on the lighter note, Yesterday, I took a few snaps of Jager & Zackary (his cousin) playing. It was too funny. These little boys are only 3 months apart.

Oh, and I stole this from Dawn's site. THANKS!!!!! go and check her out. dawnhueser@blogspot.com
I just received a bunch more Camp Croppin photos from Kim, so I'll post tomorrow. I have to do a little red eye fixing. If anyone else has photos from this weekend, keep them coming, I'll keep posting.

7 comments:

Dawn Hueser said...

You don't need me my girl to share your feelings. You just did an incredibly great job all on your own. Note: You should provide kleenex when you write.

Happy Scrapping.

Dawn Hueser said...

You did an awesome job putting your heart and soul out there on the line. Next time include kleenex ( wink).

scrappaleica said...

Dawn, you are the queen of journaling. I bow to you!!! Also, sorry for spelling your last name wrong, here I thought I had it right! I will post it properly from now on.

coRinne not connie said...

Leica - you have an incredible spirit and awesome way of speaking/writing. Thanks for opening up and sharing. and to echo Dawn - kleenex, please!

scrappaleica said...

thanks corinne not connie (by the way that is too funny, I think I was guilty of that a couple times at the store, sorry) thanks for your words. so are you in??

Pam said...

Leica...what can i say! you are the strongest person i have ever met! i will never forget the day you told me about all of this! I remeber that rhys had just come home and i wondered if you could teach the fast'n' fun class...your response sure but i might have to get melina to do it... and then the story started about what you had been going through that week. All i could think was how selfish of me! your rock girl!!!
don't feel the need to post this, i just wanted you to know!

scrappaleica said...

Pam, you goof, of course I'm going to post it, you have just paid me a huge compliment. I really appreciate our friendship and would do it over again. That's what friends do, we help each other out through all circumstances, and I think you & Joey celebrating your beginning with Rhys at home was more important!I also think you are one of the strongest people I know.