Wednesday, April 4

Recipe Day!!!!

Today is RECIPE day! Welcome to the Martha Stewart segment of my blog. I just threw that in because those close to me always call me Martha because I tend to be like her. I do everything! but I am NOT a successful housekeeper!!! The only time my house looks great is when my hubbie is coming home, or when I'm hosting an event at my house. I should have more shame and keep it immaculate like my friends Natalie, Pam or Andrea, but hey I tend to scrapbook in my free time. But I'm so pumped to share recipes. In my family we all recipe swap. My cousin Bernice did a cool project with one of her daughters, create a family scrapbook and then market it. It has become my favourite book because I know everyone in it, I love to read the stories of how the recipe came to be, or where it came from. I love the sharing part. Slowly I am converting all my favourite recipes into scrapbooked recipe cards. Which gives me pleasure. So here's the deal. If you submit me a recipe in my comments or by email, I will scrapbook YOU a recipe card. make sure you state your desired card size. It could even be a 8 1/2 x 11 if you put them in a binder like my grandma. your choice, just let me know!!! I will make an effort to try each and every recipe people submit. So I am going to start with a very quick & easy cupcake recipe. (This recipe can also be made to be a cake if you don't want cupcakes) I have 2 awesome relatives that introduced me to this recipe; Nancy Elian & Cheryl Thompson. It is creamy & very delicious. A must for all chocolate & cream cheese fans. (just click on the photo and it will become big enough to read the recipe. )If anyone is having problems with this, then I can type it out. So leave me a comment if that would be better for you! (I pulled the photo off of this because it is not very good. Next time I make these I will try to get a better shot, Otherwise the r.h top would normally be a photo. )

Have Fun!!!
Oh, and you guys, the emails have been coming in regarding journaling from the heart. I think I have offically become emotional!!!! Some of you have made me laugh and others have made me cry, especially you T. W. I have definitely been inspired by you guys! Thanks! I have to be truthful. I haven't been successful this week at my own journaling. I've tried 3 times but after reading one friend's email, she kicked my butt into gear. I ended up pouring my heart out onto the paper till the wee hours and you know what. I feel better, like a weight has been lifted. It was something that I needed to do. Thanks!

5 comments:

Aaron, Kate, Will and Wyatt said...

You just described me to a T! We are one and the same. My girlfriends (more affectionately than not) refer to me as Martha and I LOVE swapping recipes. Hate cleaning, steal scrapbooking minutes from my housework time!Entertaining is my favourite!!! I don't need a recipe card (Although I am totally going to steal your idea!) but I wanted to share a completely easy and delicious recipe for those days when people show up unannounced and it just turns into a party...I keep these ingredients on hand because they are cheap and easy to store.

Garlic Pretzels

1 1/2 pound bag of mini pretzels
1 tsp dry dill weed
2 tsp garlic powder
1 package dry Ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup oil (I use Canola)

Whisk together all ingredients except the pretzels. Put pretzels in a large roaster and pour the mixture over the pretzels. Put lid on roaster (hold tight!) and shake shake shake until pretzels are coated. Spread out on wax paper and allow to dry for 1 hour stirring occassionally. No baking! Betcha can't eat just one. Or just 100 for that matter!
I'll bring a sample to the Spring Fling. And I have been looking for a great cupcake recipe to make for my SIL's wedding and yours may just have won. Sounds mouth watering! Thank-you!

scrappaleica said...

Kate, your recipe sounds awesome. I am definitely going to give it a try, I am always looking for better things for the kids to munch on when we go on road trips. And of course I'll make you a recipe, silly girl, just let me know your size. I get back next week from Edmonton and I'll be right into scrapbooking mode.

coRinne not connie said...

Hey! that recipe looks great!
my recipe is pretty easy and i bet it'd taste real good with those pretzels.
Ham/Cheese dip/spread
1 can flaked ham
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese
mix together. i don't usually measure - i just add about the same amount of mayo and sour cream. sometimes instead of sour cream i use cream cheese.
now the fun part - add whatever...
little bits of green pepper, spices, dill, herbs, onion...

i usually just mix the four ingredients and go from there. i add it to omelets, put it on toast, whatever strikes my fancy.

i once won a contest with this recipe. trip for 2 to halifax and a meal with a 5 star chef. nice.

enjoy!

scrappaleica said...

Corrine, way to go!!! Did you have fun in Halifax. Does this make the eggs super creamy or what. I love eggs so this intrigued me that you can put it in an omelet.Tell me your recipe size!!

coRinne not connie said...

Hey Leica, you could just add as much as you want to however you're doing your eggs. i just keep adding until i'm happy .... doesn't seem to affect the "creamyness" of the eggs. makes them super tasty to me.