Thursday, April 19

a day at the park

I didn't get time yesterday to post these, but we had such an awesome time at the park. The funniest thing is I decided to take the boys to a park we've never played at. So we walked forever to it only to find it completely flooded. So we turned around and walked all the way back to our "home" park across from our house. I have to definitely say a huge thanks to Jim for working so hard to allow me to stay home with these guys. I am so blessed. I LOVE being a Stay At Home Mom! I really noticed a huge difference in JAger this year. He is so "brave" now, as you will see in the following pics. Has to be just like Riley.below, see mom I am just showing you I could step off the edge if I wanted to. (this is his freak mom out maneuver!) Riley showed him how he can swing onto the slide and go faster down the slide, but Jager hasn't figured out he has to let go in order to slide, so he just swings.

Riley loves climbing up this wall all by himself.
isn't this cool how the slide "frames" in our neighborhood? totally by accident too.
Jager is going down this big slide all by himself. Wow! Look at the "stop taking my picture mom" look I'm getting.
do you see why I have so many scrapbook layouts. This kid is so cute & loves posing all the time!!!
in case you can't tell, this actually is about a 6ft drop that my 18 month old is checking out. Why do they have to go to the edge??? Heights isn't fearing Jager anymore. For awhile he was scared to "walk" down the stairs by himself, now last week he actually just "stepped" off our kitchen table, tumbled and didn't even cry. Oh your asking why he's standing on the table...isn't this normal in everyone's house???
We stopped to watch the girls play fastball. These kids were so intrigued and Riley is so excited that he gets to play this sport in 2 weeks. He's actually really good at hitting off the Tee. I swear baseball runs in the Elian family. It is our "family" game. My siblings & I loved it and all our extended family play it. I'm so excited to see the boys so fascinated with my favourite sport to play!!!! We actually just watched them play for most of their game.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Lecia, I think the pictures you took of your boys at the park are full of color and kinda funky. I know what you mean though - I'll check your blog for cool places to shoot pics. I love Innovation Place b/c it is classic...

jem said...

These pics are fantastic! Can't wait to see the layouts.

Aaron, Kate, Will and Wyatt said...

Anyone with a 2 year old knows it is a normal part of your day for the kids to be standing on the kitchen table at some point...